The Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation at Arizona State University invites qualified candidates to apply for a Clinical Track Non-Tenure Nine-Month Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Faculty position in the Doctor of Nursing (DNP) Program.
Expectations (based on qualifications for rank):
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in the field and the ability to transmit and extend that knowledge to students and others through dynamic, stimulating, and creative strategies.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop critical, creative thinkers through continuous planning, analyses, evaluation, and revision of courses and workshops.
- Demonstrates current knowledge in the field and sustained effectiveness in teaching in the classroom and clinical area.
- Teaches in a variety of environments which may include: classroom, clinical, laboratory, or distance/online.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates innovative teaching methods.
- Incorporates scholarly and creative activities into clinical practice and teaching.
- Participates in professional service through membership on elected, appointed, and voluntary committees in the college, university, community, and professional organizations that contribute to the College of Nursing & Healthcare Innovation, the individual as a professional, and to higher education.
- Participates in appointed and voluntary activities that contribute to the college, university, and community.
- Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in nursing or a related field.
- Holds a current unencumbered RN license
- Eligible for RN license and APRN certificate in Arizona. Must provide evidence/receipt of an Arizona RN license and APRN certificate prior to employment.
- National certification as a Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- A graduate degree in nursing in the population focus
- Two years of APRN clinical experience with a population focus consistent with teaching responsibilities in a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program
- Prior to teaching a clinical course faculty must: Demonstrate compliance with health and safety requirements of clinical agencies, including background clearance, Department of Public Safety Level 1 fingerprint clearance, current immunizations, current CPR, current ACLS (as applicable), and drug screening.
- Previous experience teaching in an academic program (didactic, clinical, online).
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant clinical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor learners from diverse backgrounds.
Application Deadline and Procedures:
DEADLINE: March 31, 2018 if not filled every two weeks until search is closed
Only electronic applications will be reviewed. Applicants are asked to email the following as attachments in .doc or PDF format.
- A letter of interest in which you indicate the name of the position for which you are applying and job number, and describe your fit to the position relative to the qualifications listed in this advertisement.
- Curriculum vitae/professional resume
- Names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for three professional references.
Send application materials electronically to email@example.com
Background clearance is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU’s complete non-discrimination statement and www.asu.edu/titleIX/ ). Applicants are asked to complete an Equal Employment Opportunity Survey .
The Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation actively encourages diversity among its students, faculty, and staff.