Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program – Master’s Entry Program - CLINICAL TRACK FACULTY
Job Number: 14034
Arizona State University, Edson College of Nursing & Health Innovation is seeking a full time, non-tenure track Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, Clinical Professor to teach in the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Master’s Entry program. Responsibilities may include didactic, clinical, lab/experiential/simulation, and online teaching.
Expectations (based on qualifications for rank):
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in the field and the ability to transmit and extend that knowledge to students and others through dynamic, stimulating and creative strategies.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop critical, creative thinkers through continuous planning, analyses, evaluation and revision of courses and workshops.
- Demonstrates current knowledge in the field and sustained effectiveness in teaching in the classroom and clinical area.
- Teaches in a variety of environments which may include: classroom, clinical, laboratory (experiential/simulation), or distance/online.
- Develops, implements and evaluates innovative teaching methods.
- Incorporates scholarly and creative activities into clinical practice and teaching.
- Participates in professional service through membership on elected, appointed, and voluntary committees in the college, university, community, and professional organizations that contribute to the Edson College of Nursing and Healthcare Innovation, the individual as a professional and to higher education.
- Collaborates with other Edson College Academic Program Directors and Grace Center Simulation Learning Resources and the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Participates in accreditation (as required by degree).
- Hold an earned doctoral degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- Hold an unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Arizona.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of clinical/professional nursing experience
- Have clinical or teaching experience in nursing within the past 5 years.
- Prior to teaching a clinical course: Faculty must have: Department of Public Safety Level 1 Fingerprint clearance, current Basic Life Support Health Care Provider certification by the American Heart Association, current immunizations, and ability to pass background clearance and drug screening as required per clinical agencies.
- Have 2 years of prior experience as a nurse educator in an academic educational setting.
- Have prior experience teaching using simulation.
- Have recent clinical experience in adult health nursing.
- Prior course coordination experience in simulated and/or in-person clinical courses.
Application Deadline and Procedures:
DEADLINE: Application deadline is September 23, 2019. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled.
Only electronic applications will be reviewed. Applicants are asked to email the following as attachments in .doc or PDF format. http://apply.interfolio.com/68079
- A letter of interest in which you indicate the name of the position for which you are applying and job number, and describe your fit to the position relative to the qualifications listed in this advertisement.
- Curriculum vitae/professional resume
- Names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for three professional references.
Background clearance is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU’s complete non-discrimination statement and www.asu.edu/titleIX/ ). Applicants are asked to complete anEqual Employment Opportunity Survey .
The Edson College of Nursing & Health Innovation actively encourages diversity among its students, faculty, and staff.