Under administrative direction of the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and the Senior Director of Undergraduate Nursing and Health Programs, the Director of the Pre-Licensure BSN Program manages the pre-licensure BSN programs including:
- accreditation, licensure and regulatory standards;
- student admission, progression, retention and graduation;
- clinical placements;
- faculty development, evaluation, hiring, and teaching assignments to meet the goals of the college and ensure program compliance and excellence.
This is a full time fiscal year position as a ranked Clinical Track Faculty (CTF) member with an administrative appointment as the Director, Pre-Licensure BSN Program. This is a 1-year appointment eligible for renewal. This position has no tenure implications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Teaches in the pre-licensure program
- Collaborates with the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and the Senior Director on all Prelicensure programs and identified aspects of program administration and management
- Collaborates with Associate Director on matters related to prelicensure programs
- Serves as an Ex Officio member of the CONHI Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
- Serves as an Ex Officio member of Petitions and Standards committees in matters related to prelicensure programs
- Collaborates with Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and the Senior Director to ensure program compliance with accreditation, certification, contractual, licensure and regulatory requirements (including Arizona Board of Nursing, Collegiate Council on Nursing Education, National Certification Organizations)
- Verifies that students have met program requirements for eligibility to the national licensure exam
- Faculty and course scheduling
- Identifies and guides faculty development needs
- Leads Faculty Evaluation and Hiring processes for Clinical Track Faculty, Instructors, and Faculty Associates.
- Fosters current and new community partnerships with academic, clinical and community-based organizations.
- Serves as the initial resource for the management of student and faculty related concerns
- Fosters and maintains effective working relationships with and among students, staff, faculty, and leadership
- Participates/Represents Program in Undergraduate and Prelicensure Faculty Forums
- Holds a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, a Master’s degree in Nursing and a Doctorate in Nursing, Education, or a related field.
- Holds a current unencumbered RN license or multi-state privilege to practice in Arizona.
- Has at least five (5) years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Has at least five (5) years of teaching experience in a prelicensure academic program
- Has a minimum of three (3) years of related administrative experience in coordinating academic programs or courses.
- Has a minimum of five (5) years of related administrative experience in coordinating academic programs or courses.
- Previous experience managing, supervising, and evaluating faculty and staff.
- Previous participation in strategic planning processes.
- Previous experience in planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Participation in program design and development.
- Skill in problem solving and decision-making.
Application Deadlines and Procedures:
DEADLINE: February 28, 2020 and if not filled, every two weeks until search is closed.
Only electronic applications will be reviewed. Applicants are asked to email the following as attachments in .doc or PDF format:
- A letter of interest in which you indicate the name of the position for which you are applying, and describe your fit to the position relative to the qualifications listed in this advertisement.
- Curriculum vitae/professional resume
- Names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for three professional references
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU’s complete non-discrimination statement and www.asu.edu/titleIX/ ) Applicants are asked to complete anEqual Employment Opportunity Survey
The Edson College of Nursing & Health Innovation actively encourages diversity among its students, faculty, and staff.