Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor is under administrative direction of the Director of Clinical Research Management and Regulatory Science Programs in the Master of Science in Regulatory Science hybrid and online degrees, and Regulatory Science Food Quality and Safety focus and certificate.
- Teach four (4) courses (online and on ground) per semester as assigned by Program Director.
- Assist in the review and evaluation of student applicants.
- Curriculum review and development.
- Mentoring new faculty.
- Teaches master’s level courses in the regulatory science program.
- Participates in Academic Assessment, Academic Program Evaluation, and Academic Program Review processes
- Provides effective verbal and written communication with students, staff, faculty, and community partners
- Fosters and maintains effective working relationships with and among students, staff, faculty, and leadership
- Attends and participates in academic assembly meetings.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in the field and the ability to transmit and extend that knowledge to students and others through dynamic, stimulating and creative strategies.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop critical, creative thinkers through continuous planning, analyses, evaluation and revision of courses and workshops.
- Demonstrates current knowledge in the field and sustained effectiveness in teaching in the classroom.
- Develops, implements and evaluates innovative teaching methods.
- Incorporates scholarly and creative activities into teaching.
- Participates in professional service through membership on elected, appointed, and voluntary committees in the college, university, community, and professional organizations that contribute to the College of Nursing & Healthcare Innovation, the individual as a professional and to higher education.
- Participates in appointed and voluntary activities that contribute to the college, university and community.
- Participates in faculty governance of the College and University.
- Has a minimum of one year of related teaching experience at the graduate level in a regulatory science, clinical research management or in a professional research-related program.
- Three (3) years previous experience in research program management and/or regulatory compliance in an FDA regulated research organization.
- Earned master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in clinical research, regulatory science, or related area with 5 years of experience in the medical product research industry (and ability to obtain a doctorate level degree within 5 years).
Earned doctorate in regulatory science or related area from a regionally accredited academic institution with 3 years experience in the medical product research industry.
- Have prior experience teaching in both classroom and online environment in a professional or academic environment.
Have four (4) or more years of experience in a leadership role within the medical product research industry managing clinical trials and/or regulatory affairs.
- Experience in program design, curriculum development and course review, evaluation and revision.
- Experience in overseeing program compliance in a research organization including the development and implementation of policies and SOPs.
- Experience managing operational daily activities consistent with the needs of a research site or organization.
- Oversight of data collection, document management, and record retention related to research studies.
- Medical writing experience or experience in completing submissions of applications for approval of research studies and/or new medical products.
- Experience establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with state and federal regulatory agencies with jurisdiction over clinical research.
- Have a national presence in the pharmaceutical research field as demonstrated by scholarly presentations, leadership initiatives, serving in a volunteer capacity in a related professional organization, and other roles within the industry.
Application Deadline and Procedure:
Initial close date for the position is February 7, 2020 at 5:00pm MDT; applications will be reviewed weekly until the search is closed. Early applications are encouraged. A criminal and employment history background check will be performed prior to the employment offer.
Please apply by submitting to: http://apply.interfolio.com/73538
1. A letter of interest
2. Curriculum vitae/professional resume
3. Names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree AmeriCorps.
Background clearance is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor[SD1] and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU’s complete non-discrimination statement and www.asu.edu/titleIX/ ). Applicants are asked to complete anEqual Employment Opportunity Survey .
The Edson College of Nursing & Health Innovation actively encourages diversity among its students, faculty, and staff.