Clinical Track Assistant/Associate/Professor with Site Coordinator Responsibilities @ Lake Havasu Campus
Arizona State University, Edson College of Nursing & Health Innovation is seeking a full time, fiscal year (12-month) Clinical Assistant/Associate/Professor with workload assignment as the Site Coordinator for the prelicensure nursing program at Lake Havasu Campus.
Responsible to the Director of Prelicensure Nursing Programs and the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, works collaboratively with University and College leadership, faculty, and staff to coordinate didactic, simulation, experiential, and clinical course delivery; and is accountable to maintain the overall quality of the program according to accreditation standards and best-practice guidelines. The site coordination is a workload assignment and not an administrative appointment. Specific workload responsibilities, including assignments are jointly determined by the Program Director and Associate Dean.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in the field and the ability to transmit and extend that knowledge to students and others through dynamic, stimulating, and creative strategies.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop critical, creative thinkers through continuous planning, analyses, evaluation, and revision of courses and activities
- Demonstrates current knowledge in the field and sustained effectiveness in teaching in the didactic and clinical courses.
- Teaches in a variety of environments which may include classroom, clinical, simulation, laboratory, or remote/online.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates innovative teaching methods.
- Incorporates scholarly and creative activities into clinical practice and teaching.
- Participates in professional service through membership on elected, appointed, and voluntary committees in the college, university, community, and professional organizations that contribute to the Edson College of Nursing & Health Innovation, the individual as a professional, and to higher education.
In addition to faculty role, coordination includes but is not limited to
- Main work location is ASU Lake Havasu Campus. In-person presence is required.
- Collaborates with Edson College and University leadership, faculty, staff, and the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Oversees course schedule and delivery
- Coordination and assignment of course faculty in collaboration with the Prelicensure Program Director
- Monitors student progression
- Supervision and evaluation of students
- Provides regular evaluation of the program outcome measures including but not limited to NCLEX Pass Rates, ATI Comprehensive Predictor Scores, and post-graduation employment
- Participates in student admission and enrollment processes
- Maintains accreditation standards and participates in accreditation reviews
- Participates in Academic Assessment Plan for the degree
- Assesses course and program evaluations
- Contributes to faculty evaluations in collaboration with the Prelicensure Program Director
- Establishes professional and academic collaborations with the community
- Serves as the first line of contact for students, faculty, and the local community.
- Holds a Master’s degree in Nursing
- Holds a current unencumbered RN license or multi-state privilege to practice in Arizona
- Previous experience teaching in an academic nursing program (didactic, clinical, or online)
- Prior to teaching a clinical course: Faculty must have: Department of Public Safety Level 1 Fingerprint clearance, current Basic Life Support Health Care Provider certification, current immunizations, and ability to pass background clearance and drug screening as required per clinical agencies.
- Earned Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in healthcare, education, leadership, nursing or related field
- Prior experience teaching in a prelicensure nursing program
- Previous experience serving as course lead and/or program coordinator.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor learners from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in curriculum development and evaluation
- Experience in program evaluation for accreditation
Application Deadline and Procedures:
DEADLINE: July 16, 2021 If not filled, every two weeks until search is closed
Only electronic applications will be reviewed. Applicants are asked to email the following as attachments in .doc or PDF format:
- A letter of interest in which you indicate the name of the position for which you are applying and describe your fit to the position relative to the qualifications listed in this advertisement.
- Curriculum vitae/professional resume
- Diversity Statement: Please submit a 1-page statement addressing how your past and/or your potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion will advance Edson’s commitment to inclusive excellence. Please focus on your activities related to research/scholarship, teaching, service or other work related to this position.
- Names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for three professional references
- A copy of your RN license
Send application materials electronically to http://apply.interfolio.com/89304
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU’s complete non-discrimination statement and www.asu.edu/titleIX/ ) Applicants are asked to complete an Equal Employment Opportunity Survey
The Edson College of Nursing & Health Innovation actively encourages diversity among its students, faculty, and staff.