Associate Director, Baccalaureate Health Programs
Under administrative direction of the Program Director for the Baccalaureate Health Programs manages the BHP including:
- Student, progression, retention and graduation;
- Curriculum; and Faculty development, evaluation, FA hiring, and teaching assignments to meet the goals of the college and ensure program compliance and excellence.
This is a full time fiscal year position as a Clinical Track Faculty (CTF) with an administrative appointment as the Associate Director of the Baccalaureate Health Programs. This is a 1-year appointment eligible for renewal. This position has no tenure implications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Teaches in the Baccalaureate Health Programs.
- Collaborates with the Director on select aspects of program administration and management.
- Collaborates with the Director to ensure program compliance with Orientees and mentors new faculty in collaboration with the Director and course coordinators.
- Serves as an Ex Officio member of the ECONHI Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
- Serves as the initial resource for the management of student related concerns
- Mentors course and term coordinators to their respective roles and responsibilities
- Participates in academic assessment, academic program evaluation, and academic program review processes.
- Identifies and guides faculty development needs.
- Collaborates with the Director in the faculty evaluation and hiring processes for Clinical Track Faculty, Instructors, and Faculty Associates.
- Provides effective verbal and written communication with students, staff, faculty, and community partners.
- Fosters and maintains effective working relationships with and among students, staff, faculty, and leadership.
- Maintains positive working relationships with internal and external customers, including ASU EdPlus and Community College partners.
- Coordinates meetings, development opportunities, and instructional design support for program faculty.
- Participates in data collection and evaluation for the systematic plan of evaluation.
- Participates in student recruitment, engagement and retention activities.
- Participates in implementation of the strategic plan.
- Fosters current and new community partnerships with academic, clinical and community-based organizations.
- Holds a Bachelor of Science or Arts degree, and a Master’s degree in Science or Arts.
- Has at least three years, experience as a Health professional
- Has at least two years of prior teaching experience.
- Has a minimum of one (1) year of related administrative experience in coordinating academic programs or courses.
- Holds a Doctorate in Education, in a related field (or must complete a Doctorate in Education, Nursing or a related field within 3-5 years of date of hire).
- Has a minimum of three (3) years of related administrative experience in coordinating academic programs or courses.
- Previous management or supervisory experience.
- Previous academic program leadership experience.
- Previous participation in strategic planning processes.
- Skill in problem solving and decision-making.
- Previous experience in planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Experience managing, supervising and evaluating faculty and staff
- Participation in program design and development.
- Experience developing and maintaining partnerships with community colleges and other community partners.
- Previous teaching experience with Health Related Programs
Application Deadline and Procedures:
DEADLINE: ___8/6/2021_____ if not filled every two weeks until search is closed.
Background clearance is required for employment and early applications are encouraged. Apply by submitting:
- Diversity Statement: Please submit a 1-page statement addressing how your past and/or your potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion will advance Edson’s commitment to inclusive excellence. Please focus on your activities related to research/scholarship, teaching, service or other work related to this position.
- A letter of interest indicating which position you are applying for (i.e.- Associate Director, Baccalaureate Health Programs),
- Curriculum vitae/professional resume
- Names, postal or e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for three professional references.
Send application materials to: http://apply.interfolio.com/90672
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU’s complete non-discrimination statement and www.asu.edu/titleIX/ ) Applicants are asked to complete an Equal Employment Opportunity Survey