Clinical Track Faculty – Prelicensure Nursing (BSN and MPEN) program: Adult Health
Arizona State University, Edson College of Nursing & Health Innovation is seeking a full time, non-tenure track Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, Clinical Professor to teach in the Prelicensure Nursing (BSN and MEPN) programs. Responsibilities may include didactic, clinical, lab/experiential/simulation, and online teaching.
Expectations (based on qualifications for rank):
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in the field and the ability to transmit and extend that knowledge to students and others through dynamic, stimulating and creative strategies.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop critical, creative thinkers through continuous planning, analyses, evaluation and revision of courses and workshops.
- Demonstrates current knowledge in the field and sustained effectiveness in teaching in the classroom and clinical area.
- Teaches in a variety of environments, which may include classroom, clinical, laboratory (experiential/simulation), or distance/online.
- May teach on multiple campus sites
- Develops, implements and evaluates innovative teaching methods.
- Incorporates scholarly and creative activities into clinical practice and teaching.
- Participates in professional service through membership on elected, appointed, and voluntary committees in the college, university, community, and professional organizations that contribute to the Edson College of Nursing & Healthcare Innovation, the individual as a professional and to higher education.
- Participates in appointed and voluntary activities that contribute to the college, university and community.
- Participates in faculty governance of the College and University.
- Participates in the strategic plan of the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation
- Participates in Edson 2026 Values
- Hold an earned graduate degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- Hold an active and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Arizona
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical/professional nursing experience
- Clinical experience or teaching experience in the areas of adult health or specialty nursing area (including but not limited to pediatrics, maternity and women’s health, perioperative, psychiatric nursing, community health nursing) within the past 3 years
- Prior to teaching a clinical course: Faculty must have: Department of Public Safety Level 1 Fingerprint clearance, current Basic Life Support Health Care Provider certification, current immunizations, and ability to pass background clearance and drug screening as required per clinical agencies
- Hold an earned Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution in nursing, healthcare or healthcare related, education, leadership or other applicable discipline
- Have 2 years of prior experience as a nurse educator in an academic educational setting
- Experience in coordinating courses, degree programs, clinical placements, or campus sites
- Prior experience teaching using simulation
Application Deadline and Procedures:
DEADLINE: August 17, 2023. If not filled, then every two weeks until search is closed. A criminal and employment history background check will be performed prior to employment offer.
Only electronic applications will be reviewed. http://apply.interfolio.com/129466
Please apply by submitting:
- A letter of interest indicating which position you are applying for (i.e.- Director of Prelicensure BSN Program) and describe your fit to the position relative to the qualifications listed in this advertisement.
- Curriculum vitae/professional resume including the month and year for your education and work experiences.
- Names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for three professional references. Please include 1 current or recent supervisor in your 3 references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
See ASU’s complete non-discrimination statement and www.asu.edu/titleIX/
Applicants are asked to complete an Equal Employment Opportunity Survey .
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.