Family Nurse Practitioner - Clinical Track Faculty
Under administrative direction of the Director of the DNP program and Associate Dean of the Academic Enterprise, serves as clinical track faculty and Family Nurse Practitioner for Edson College clinical initiatives. Teaches didactic and clinical courses and precepts NP and undergraduate students in the clinical setting. This is a fiscal year (12-month) clinical track faculty appointment with duties including and not limited to:
- Represents ASU and Edson College in clinical practice setting
- Serves as clinical faculty at ASU and nurse practitioner and preceptor for Edson clinical initiatives
- Serves as lead faculty for ASU student practica and clinical experiences
- Meets credentialing, licensure, and certification requirements to practice
- Serves as resource for student participants in clinical practice
- Teaches didactic, clinical, simulation, and experiential courses as determined by the DNP Director and Associate Dean
- May teach and practice on multiple ASU campuses
This is a full-time fiscal year (12-month) position as a Clinical Track Faculty (CTF) with an appointment as a family nurse practitioner. This is a 1-year appointment eligible for renewal. This position has no tenure implications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches in graduate and undergraduate programs in Edson College
- Collaborates with the DNP Program Director for teaching and practice assignments
- Member of the Edson Academic Assembly
- Participates in faculty governance in Edson College and the University
- Mentors new and existing faculty in collaboration with the DNP Program Director
- Mentors DNP students
- Evaluates student clinical performance
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication with students, Edson and ASU faculty, clinical partner faculty and staff, and community partners.
- Fosters current and new community partnerships with academic, clinical and community-based organizations.
- Supports and participates in Edson College Dean’s Strategic Initiatives
- Participates in implementation of the Edson College Strategic Plan
- Contributes to Edson 2026 Goals
Meets expectations for faculty rank
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in the field and the ability to transmit and extend that knowledge to students and others through dynamic, stimulating, and creative strategies.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop critical, creative thinkers through continuous planning, analyses, evaluation and revision of courses and workshops.
- Demonstrates current knowledge in the field and sustained effectiveness in teaching in the classroom and online.
- Teaches in a variety of environments, which may include classroom, community/internships, or distance/online.
- Teaches on multiple campus sites.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates innovative teaching methods.
- Incorporates scholarly and creative activities into practice and teaching.
- Participates in professional service through membership on elected, appointed, and voluntary committees in the college, university, community, and professional organizations that contribute to the Edson College of Nursing & Healthcare Innovation, Arizona State University, the individual as a professional and to higher education.
- Participates in appointed and voluntary activities that contribute to the college, university, and community.
- Holds an earned doctorate from an accredited institution in nursing or related field
- Holds a graduate degree in nursing
- Nationally certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Eligible for RN license and APRN certificate in Arizona. Must provide evidence/receipt of an Arizona or multi-state RN license and an Arizona APRN license prior to employment
- Has at least two years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved
- One-year teaching in higher education
- Experience providing primary care across the lifespan
- Experience providing women’s health
- Experience providing telehealth
- Experience in a healthcare or academic leadership role
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Organizational skills and project management
- Previous participation in strategic planning processes
- Skill in problem solving and decision-making
- Previous experience in planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and establishing priorities
- Experience managing, supervising, and evaluating students, preceptors, and faculty
- Participation in program design and development
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and community partners
- Prior to teaching a clinical course: Faculty must demonstrate compliance with health and safety requirements of clinical agencies including: background clearance, Department of Public Safety Level 1 Fingerprint clearance, current Basic Life Support Health Care Provider certification, current ACLS (as applicable) immunizations, and drug screening as required per clinical agencies
Application Deadline and Procedures:
DEADLINE: August 18, 2023. If not filled every two weeks until search is closed
Background clearance is required for employment and early applications are encouraged. Only electronic applications will be accepted here: http://apply.interfolio.com/129558
Apply by submitting:
- A letter of interest indicating which position you are applying for (i.e.- Clinical Track Faculty and Nurse Practitioner) and describe your fit to the position relative to the qualifications listed in this advertisement.
- Curriculum vitae/professional resume including the month and year for your education and work experiences.
- Names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for three professional references. Please include 1 current or recent supervisor in your 3 references.
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU’s complete non-discrimination statement and www.asu.edu/titleIX/ ) Applicants are asked to complete an Equal Employment Opportunity Survey