— Lead the transformation in health
The future of health care is changing. The systems and processes that make up the industry are coming face to face with rapid increases and improvements in technology. Employers need professionals who can approach problems with new outlooks and toolsets. A Health Innovation degree prepares students to create and sustain cultures of innovation in health care that takes into account multiple perspectives. Through the use of evidence-based decision making and leadership skills in interprofessional teams, graduates are ready to tackle health care challenges using modern technology, public policy and communication.
- Develop competence in the design, application and testing of innovative processes and products.
- Lead processes of innovation and transformation.
- Incorporate current trends with interprofessional teams.
If you desire to create positive change and innovation in health care, this program is for you. You will be empowered with the freedom to collaboratively contribute to the design of new processes and solutions that impact people, products, environments and health systems.
The BS program in health entrepreneurship and innovation provides students with a broad background in the principles of innovation, leadership, complexity science, change theory, collaboration and evidence-based decision-making to prepare graduates to manage implementation of innovation in the health care arena.
Through the use of evidence-based decision-making and leadership skills in interprofessional teams, graduates are ready to tackle health care challenges using modern technology, public policy and communication. This unique program situates students at the intersection of innovation and entrepreneurship, enabling them to develop their own solutions to health challenges.
Program areas of emphasis:
- develop competence in the design, application and testing of innovative processes and products
- incorporate current trends with interprofessional teams
- lead processes of innovation and transformation
At A Glance
Health Entrepreneurship and Innovation, BS
- Offered by: Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation
- Location: Downtown, West, Online
- First Required Math Course: MAT 142 - College Mathematics
- Math Intensity: General
A major map outlines a major's critical requirements, courses, and optimal course sequence and aids students in remaining on track to graduation.
While circumstances vary between students and their paths towards graduation (utilizing placement testing to fulfill required math or foreign language courses, fulfilling multiple General Studies requirements with one course, etc.), completing the courses listed in a major map fulfills all of the requirements for graduation.
All students are required to meet general university admission requirements:
Find and apply for relevant scholarships.
ASU has many financial aid options. Almost everyone, regardless of income, can qualify for some form of financial aid. In fact, more than 70 percent of all ASU students receive some form of financial assistance every year.
Graduates may be employed as:
- health architects
- health care administrator
- health care strategists, advisors, project managers and administrators
- health innovation consultant
- health product and service managers
- health system designers
- intrapreneurs --- managers responsible for promoting innovative product development and marketing
- public relations experts in health
Students who complete this degree program may be prepared for the following careers. Advanced degrees or certifications may be required for academic or clinical positions. Career examples include but are not limited to:
|First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers||3.4%||$55,060|
|General and Operations Managers||9.1%||$100,410|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||20.5%||$98,350|
|Administrative Services Managers||10.1%||$94,020|
* Data obtained from the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) under sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA).
- Bright Outlook
- Green Occupation