Health Care Coordination

Home / Degree Programs / Minors / Health Care Coordination

How to declare a minor

Consult your academic advisor and or an advisor in the unit offering the minor for more information.

(602) 496-2644

A minor in health care coordination allows students to combine the knowledge of their major discipline with the foundational and advanced concepts of health care coordination. Students completing this innovative minor have the knowledge that enables them to navigate the health care system and assist in the coordination of health care for individuals and families and to optimize outcomes.

Program Requirements

The following courses are required:

  • HCR 220 Introduction to Nursing and Health Care Systems (3)
  • HCR 302 Social Determinants of Health (3)
  • HCR 320 Foundational Concepts for Health Care Coordination (3)
  • HCR 321 Advanced Concepts for Health Care Coordination (3)
  • HCR 420 Professional Role Development: Health Care Coordination (3)
  • HCR 422 Policy and Financial Principles in Health Care Coordination (3)

A "C" or better is required in all required courses.

Students pursuing the minor may seek advising on minor requirements through advisors in the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation.

Depending upon a student's undergraduate program of study, additional courses may need to be completed as prerequisites in order to complete the requirements of this minor.

Enrollment Requirements

Students must have a minimum of a 2.00 GPA to select this minor.

Students in most majors may pursue one or more minors and, upon successful completion of the prescribed course work, have that accomplishment officially recognized on the ASU transcript at graduation if the college or department of the minor officially certifies, through established verification procedures, that all requirements for the minor have been met and the college (and, in certain colleges, the department) of the student's major allows the official recognition of the minor. A student wishing to pursue a specific minor should consult an academic advisor in the unit offering that minor to ensure that an appropriate set of courses is taken. The student should also consult an academic advisor in the college or department of his or her major to make sure the college or department of the major allows the recognition of the minor.

Note: Certain major and minor combinations may be deemed inappropriate either by the college or department of the major or minor. Courses taken as part of a minor may not count toward both the major degree and the minor. Please contact the department for more information.