ASU 101 Student Facilitators
ASU 101 Student Facilitators are Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation students who serve to support the first-year student’s transition into the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation. Student facilitators are assigned to one section of ASU 101, a required course for all first-year students, of 19 students, with whom they facilitate course curriculum related to campus resources, career exploration, and the Health Innovation Exhibition project. Student facilitators are tasked with reporting to student engagement staff the names of students who show signs of uncertainty, disinterest or disengagement. This position provides an opportunity for current students to grow in leadership and career readiness skills such as interpersonal communication, complex problem solving, group dynamics, and public speaking.
The ASU 101 Student Facilitator position is an opportunity 5-7 hours per week student leadership opportunity for the Fall 2020 semester. Students interested in the position must meet and adhere to the following requirements:
- Undergraduate student enrolled full-time in the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation
- Completed a minimum of one semester at ASU
- Enrolled full-time for Fall 2020
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Participation in weekly meetings
- Facilitate class instruction for (1) section of ASU 101 for Fall 2020
- Hold (2) office hours per week during course facilitation weeks
- Attend Spring 2020 and Fall 2020 training days (TBD)
- Attend the Health Innovation Exhibition, Health Careers Expo, and other events related to ASU 101 requirements as class schedule allows
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude about ASU and Edson College student experience
- Exhibits a growth mindset and willingness to be challenged
- Attendance at Camp Edson (August 15th & 16th) is strongly suggested
We strongly encourage your attendance at one of the information sessions to learn more about the Student Facilitator role and experience, including hearing from current student leaders.
Tuesday, February 4th
Tuesday, February 11th
Friday, February 14th
Tuesday, February 18th
Application Deadline: February 28th
Interview Notification: March 6th
Interview Dates: March 16th-20th (signups sent upon interview notification)
QUESTIONS? Contact CONHI_StudentEngagement@asu.edu.