Faculty Associate: BSN, MSN, DNP (pool recruitment)
Faculty Associate: BSN, MSN, DNP
Teaching in: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice Programs
Job Number: 16459
Faculty Associate positions (0.10 – 0.40 FTE)
The ASU Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation is seeking part-time, non-tenure track Faculty Associate positions. Faculty Associates are one semester, non-benefits-eligible, fixed-term appointments with no tenure implications, not to exceed an average of .40 FTE per semester. The number of courses is contingent upon unit needs, funding and sufficient enrollment. Salary is based upon qualifications and assigned teaching load. Faculty Associates may not hold multiple, non-benefits eligible appointments at Arizona State University.
Faculty Associates will be assigned to our baccalaureate, master and doctoral nursing programs. Responsibilities include didactic, clinical, and online teaching.
For clinical teaching positions, preference will be given to candidates with relevant clinical practice experience.
Required Qualifications for all positions:
- For all positions teaching in any of the nursing programs: Current unencumbered RN license or multi-state privilege to practice registered nursing in Arizona.
- Prior to teaching a clinical course faculty must: Demonstrate compliance with health and safety requirements of clinical agencies, including background clearance, Department of Public Safety Level 1 fingerprint clearance, current immunizations, current CPR, current ACLS (as applicable), and drug screening.
BSN: For positions teaching in the Bachelor of Science in nursing program:
- Clinical: Minimumqualifications - Baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing and three years of experience as a R.N. providing direct patient care. Master’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Didactic: Graduate degree with a major in nursing and two years of experience as a R.N. providing direct patient care clinical experience; or a graduate degree in a related discipline and a baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing and two years of experience as a R.N. providing direct patient care clinical experience.
MSN: For positions teaching in the Master of Science in nursing program:
- Doctoral degree with a major in nursing, two years of experience as a R.N. providing direct patient care clinical experience, and two years of experience teaching in an academic or practice setting.
DNP: For positions teaching any APRN clinical courses in the Doctor of Nursing Practice Programs:
- Current unencumbered Arizona or multi-state RN license and AZ APRN certificate, and national certification as a nurse practitioner in the specified specialty. A Doctoral degree in nursing in the population focus, two years of APRN clinical experience, current knowledge, competence and certification as an APRN in the role and population focus consistent with teaching responsibilities. Earned doctorate is required.
- DNP non-clinical courses
- Doctoral Degree in a health or related field will be considered
Desired Qualifications for all positions:
- Prior higher education teaching experience is preferred.
- Doctoral preparation is required for all DNP didactic teaching.
Application Deadline and Procedures:
Deadline is June 30, 2021; if not filled, monthly thereafter until search is closed. A background check is required for employment and early applications are encouraged. Apply by submitting:
Only electronic applications will be reviewed. Applicants are asked to email the following as attachments in .doc or PDF format:
- A letter of interest and indicate the name of the position and job number
- Curriculum vitae/professional resume
- Names of three (3) professional references including postal or e-mail addresses and phone numbers
- A copy of your RN license
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Send application materials to:
ASU College of Nursing and Health Innovation
550 N. 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004-0698
About the College and the University: The Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation at Arizona State University is an inclusive world-class enterprise of discovery that prepares innovative, evidence–based healthcare providers, educators, leaders and researchers to optimize health in a culturally-diverse global community. Faculty members who have diverse backgrounds have many opportunities in the College of Nursing and Health Innovation to contribute to excellence in learning and instruction and the advancement of practice and policy. Arizona State University is classified by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education as a Research One Institution (RU/VH). For more information about Arizona State University and the College of Nursing and Health Innovation, you are invited to visit: http://nursingandhealth.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is developing and implementing a new model of the “American University.” This new model is one that measures its academic quality by the education received by its graduates; where researchers, while pursuing their scholarly interests, also consider the public good; and one whose faculty expands the concept of community service by accepting major responsibility for the health, economic and social development of the community.
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
(See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.