Degree Programs

Eastern Arizona College - ASU Baccalaureate Nursing Program

The Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP) is a partnership between Eastern Arizona College (EAC) and Arizona State University (ASU) which allows nursing students the opportunity to complete their Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Nursing EAC while simultaneously completing their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) through ASU. Beginning each spring, CEP students take both EAC and ASU nursing coursework on-site at EAC’s Thatcher campus. This program offers a time efficient and cost effective pathway to the BSN. Upon completion, students will graduate with their Associate of Applied Science in Nursing from the community college and with their BSN from ASU.

Program Highlights

  • Hybrid classes (face-to-face classes at EAC in Thatcher, AZ with an online component)
  • Qualified faculty from the Thatcher area
  • Special, reduced tuition rates for the EAC students.

Prerequisite Courses

A minimum 3.0 GPA in the following prerequisite courses is required:

ENG 101 Written Communications I 3
ENG 102 Written Communications II 3
BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I 4
BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II 4
BIO 205 Microbiology 4
CHM 130 Fundamental Chemistry 4
PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology 3
MAT 140 College Mathematics 3

For options to improve prerequisite GPA, email us at or 602-496-0937.  Before starting the EAC Nursing program, students are highly encouraged to complete all pre- and co-requisites for EAC and ASU:

MAT 160/PSY 220 Statistics 3
HCE 240 Human Pathophysiology 3
FCR/HCE 241 Nutrition 3
NUR 219 Pharmacology for Nursing 3
Humanities (HU) or Social Behavioral (SB)* 3

*Consult with ASU advisor to choose transferable course.

Admission Criteria

  • Admission to the EAC pre-licensure nursing program
  • Minimum 3.00 GPA in the prerequisite courses

Professional Licensure

The Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation prepares graduates for excellence upon entering the workplace. Since certification and licensure requirements vary by profession and from state-to-state, we recommend that you visit Professional Licensure   to determine the requirements of individual state licensures or national certifications.