In 1957, Arizona State University launched the School of Nursing with 58 students enrolled. Today, the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation provides a first-class education for over 5,300 undergraduate and graduate students. Students completing their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from the Edson College have an NCLEX first-time pass rate of 95%, compared to the national average of 89.5%. Both our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degrees are ranked by U.S. News and World Report as two of the best programs in the nation.
A $25 million gift from the Edson family is helping the Edson College continue its leadership and research capabilities in the areas of cognitive development, dementia and family caregiving. The gift also provides scholarship funds that will enable students to pursue a dual Phd/DNP degree that will prepare them as nurse scientists who have both practice and research expertise. Additionally, funding is available for post-doctoral students in Dementia Research and Family Caregiving.
ASU's Edson College is deeply involved in the region and the community, having long-established partnerships with Mayo Clinic, Phoenix Children's Hospital, Dignity Health, the World Health Organization and many more.
Edson College graduate programs include:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Learn about the DNP program outcomes.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Learn about the MS Nursing program outcomes.
- Master of Science in Nursing (Nursing Educator)
- Entry to Nursing Practice
- Master of Science in Aging
- Master of Science in Health Care Simulation
- Master of Science in Regulatory Science
- Master of Science in Regulatory Science (Food Safety)
- Master of Science in Clinical Research Management
- Master of Science in Clinical Research Management (Regulatory Science)
- Master of Healthcare Innovation
- PhD in Nursing and Healthcare Innovation
Edson College undergraduate programs include:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Learn about the BSN program outcomes.
- Bachelor of Science in Community Health
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Compliance and Regulations
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Coordination
- Bachelor of Science in Health Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Health Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science in Integrative Health
Edson College programs encourage creativity and place a premium on delivery and positive impact. Whether through its research centers, where nationally recognized research leaders are impacting health agendas, or through funded research collaborations and the community partnerships they support, Edson College students, faculty and staff are making a difference on a broad scale with their bench-to-bedside research.
Interprofessionalism – in education, practice and research – guides the college as it builds programs and curriculum to meet the needs of a changing industry. Graduate and undergraduate programs continue to expand with a focus on systems thinking, evidence-based practice, collaborative system design and improved delivery across the continuum of care -- preparing future health professionals to work together across disciplines within complex and dynamic health delivery systems.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master’s degree in nursing/and Doctor of Nursing Practice and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at the Arizona State University Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education through June 30, 2024. All programs are also approved by the Arizona Board of Nursing.