About Edson College
Mission and Goals
The Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation is distinguished as a model for excellence and inspiration in nursing and interprofessional practice, education, and research to advance knowledge and innovative practice models, and new solutions to optimize the health and well-being of our diverse local, national and global communities.
Aligned with the Arizona State University Charter: ASU is a comprehensive public research university, measured not by whom we exclude, but rather by whom we include and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves.
Mission and Goals
Deliver excellent innovative, nationally-recognized nursing and interprofessional education that is accessible, inclusive, and learner-centered.
- Distinguish our academic programs through (1) impactful curricular development that reflects national health initiatives; (2) recruitment and retention of world class faculty; and (3) achievements of students and alumni.
- Broaden diverse students access, enrollment and retention in our academic community through (1) tailored marketing; (2) financial support (3) student support services; and (4) state of the art learning experiences.
Build national reputation in innovative nursing and health related programs that significantly impact individuals and communities
- Create or refine and disseminate teaching strategies that are student-centered, adaptive, and interactive.
- Develop program-specific criteria that advance academic excellence leading to national recognition of CONHI.
- Establish collaborative networks to foster innovative programs that impact local, national, and global health.
Establish ASU as a leading global center for interdisciplinary research, discovery and development by 2025
- Conduct innovative science and participate in and lead interdisciplinary research teams.
- Contribute to the global community of scholars to inform the scientific knowledge base and influence health outcomes.
- Provide professional and research mentorship to develop the next generation of scientists who positively affect health outcomes.
Enhance our local impact and social embeddedness
- Increase student and faculty collaboration within the community that is reciprocal, beneficial and sustainable to improve health outcomes.
- Engage community members and leaders in designing relevant health related activities and programs responsive to the needs of diverse populations.