Professors of Practice
The Chief Nurse Executive Advisory Board, established by Dean Judy Karshmer, was developed with Chief Nursing Officers from hospitals and other clinical systems to inform strategic thinking, direct academic planning and establish an academic-practice community for professional nursing in the Phoenix metropolitan area and beyond.
Each Board member is appointed as a Professor of Practice in the Edson College. Being nominated as a professor of practice is an honorific position at ASU. Professors of practice are faculty members whose “expertise, achievements, and reputation developed over a sustained period of time qualify them to be distinguished professionals in an area of practice or discipline.” We welcome our new colleagues into our community of scholars.
Professors of Practice at Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation
- Maryann Bowersox, Chief Nursing Officer Chandler Regional Medical Center, Dignity Health.
- Julie Bowman, Chief Nursing Officer Abrazo Arrowhead Hospital.
- Phyllis Doulaveris, SVP of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer Banner Health.
- Leslie Lockridge, Chief Nursing Officer Phoenix Veteran’s Administration Health Care System.
- Tim Mislan, Chief Nursing Officer Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center, HonorHealth.
- Marialena Murphy, Chief Nursing Officer Mayo Clinic Arizona.
- Omar Pineda, Chief Operating Officer for Abrazo Arrowhead Hospital.
- Sue Rainey, Chief Nursing Officer Abrazo West Campus.
- Linda Rankin, Chief Nursing Officer Wickenburg Community Hospital.
- Wendi Sears, Chief Nursing Officer Abrazo Scottsdale campus, Tenet Health.
- Alyshia Smith, CEO Phoenix Veteran’s Administration Health Care system.
- Kathi Zarubi, Chief Nursing Officer HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center.